Alfred Gera & Sons Ltd. is one of the leading distributors in Malta specialising in the distribution of pharmaceuticals, grocery, and personal care products. Committed towards excellence, we represent global and prestigious household names and offer specialised healthcare related services.
We are proud of our reputation as an employer with integrity. We support our staff members in building thriving careers.
We are looking for a full-time Medical Representative to join the Bayer Pharma team. The selected candidate will join an existing strong and dynamic team and will be engaged in detailing a range of pharmaceutical products.
The Medical Representative shall be responsible for the sales performance of full portfolios through execution of marketing strategies. Furthermore, the successful applicant will also be responsible for focused detailing to specific targets with a carefully defined messaging strategy and call sequence, leveraging business and value solutions based on evidence and outcome data.
Further responsibilities include:
- Growing business relationships with key opinion leaders (e.g. healthcare professionals; consultants; government advisory boards);
- Educating targeted healthcare providers on the benefits of the products within the portfolios;
- Understanding the healthcare environment and appropriately execute the selling process in a manner that is concise, compliant, professional, and persuasive – addressing a need and leading the customer to action;
- Developing and communicating deep scientific understanding of assigned and competitive products within the marketplace;
- Cultivating and maintaining long-term business relationships with key accounts and key opinion leaders;
- Executing a customer centric need based selling approach with targeted health care providers;
- Focusing on driving growth, while achieving sales and profit objectives;
- Utilising the sales reporting systems on a regular basis for call preparation, while recording and tracking sales activity as well as gathering market intelligence data;
- Organising meetings and delivering content to health care professionals aligned with tangible account objects and metrics as defined by the customer;
- Conducting promotional programs for professionals as well as patients;
- Attending local, regional, and national meetings as required.
The ideal candidate should have a Bachelor’s Degree in Pharmacy. Furthermore, the selected applicant should have good communication, analytical, and organisational skills as well as be able to work with minimal supervision.
Additionally, s/he should possess a strong commercial acumen, demonstrate solid financial skills, and driven toward meeting and exceeding required sales targets. Ability to develop solid and long-standing business relationships with strategic customers will be considered an asset.
The chosen candidate is expected to be proficient in Microsoft Office applications and must also be in possession of a clean driving license.
An attractive remuneration package will be offered to the right candidate.
How to Apply
Interested candidates are invited to submit their application letter, and a detailed CV using the form below or by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All applications will be acknowledged and treated in strictest confidence. Any soliciting will automatically disqualify the applicant.
All correspondence received is subject to the Data Protection Act.